- Download the full Guidelines and Instructions for the forms, nomination letter, and letters of support required for each nomination packet. (PDF)
- Before submitting, download the Nomination Packet Checklist (PDF)
The deadline has been extended to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 1, 2014.
Incomplete nominations will not be considered.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can nominate?
- Current UA Employees
- Current UA Students
Who is eligible for this award?
Current UA staff, faculty, and students including academic or non-academic teams, units, and campus organizations. Past recipients of an Inclusive Excellence Award are ineligible for future nomination.
What are the nomination criteria?
Nominee (individual, team, or unit/organization) has demonstrated a significant contribution toward creating a diverse and inclusive UA community through the implementation of policies, procedures, initiatives, and/or programs in one or more of the following areas:
- Recruitment and retention of an excellent and diverse faculty, staff, or student body
- Fostering equality of opportunity within our campus community
- Encouraging diverse perspectives on our campus
- Creating a welcoming and supportive campus climate through efforts such as visibility, communication, and education
- Other areas critical to establishing inclusive excellence at The University of Arizona
You may nominate candidates in multiple categories:
Individual Student, Student Clubs/Organizations
- Students must be currently enrolled as UA undergraduate or graduate students at the time of their nomination
- Student clubs or organizations must be currently recognized by the University
- Student Award Nomination Form (PDF)
Individual Faculty, Faculty Team, Faculty Organization, or Academic Unit
- Faculty must be current UA employees at the time of their nomination
- Faculty teams consist of Interdisciplinary faculty teams or teams composed of faculty who are not within the same unit or organization
- Academic units may be colleges, departments, or other organizational units
- Faculty Award Nomination Form (PDF)
Individual Staff, Staff Team, Staff Organization , or Non-Academic Unit
- Staff must be current UA employees at the time of their nomination
- Staff teams composed of staff who are not within the same unit or organization
- Academic support/Non–academic units may be organizational units or departments
- Staff Nomination Form (PDF)
The Supplemental Form should be used for student, faculty, and staff team nominations. It is not required for academic department or faculty organization nominations.
Who do I Contact If I Have Questions?
You may contact the Programs for Inclusive Excellence, Executive Office of the President at (520) 626.8080.
Inclusive excellence is a term originated by Clayton-Pederson, A. and McTighe-Musil, C. (2005). Defining “Inclusive Excellence.” Making Excellence Inclusive: Preparing Students and Campuses for an Era of Greater Expectations. 6-9: Association of American Colleges and Universities.