On this winter program we will travel to Thailand & Vietnam where we will explore and engage with the people, history, and culture through service learning and other cultural activities. Through this 13-day program students will get a balanced perspective of life while visiting cities and place such Phuket Thailand and Hanoi Vietnam. Students will be in non-traditional environments or “living classrooms” and have the opportunity to visit ancient temples, elephant sanctuaries, learn about the Vietnam war with visits to the Cu Chi Tunnels and more.
- Dates: Dec. 27, 2023 - Jan. 9, 2024
Cost: $3,700, including...
If accepted, the first payment will be due by October 20th.
Themes: Cultural Exploration, Service Learning, Environmental Justice, Social Justice, Public Health
Note: Program space is limited. For more information, please contact Dan Xayaphanh, CIELO Director at email@example.com.
- Day 1 (Dec. 28): Arrival in Hanoi - Culture Walk, Hanoi Special Egg Coffee Tasting
- Day 2 (Dec. 29): Hanoi – Visit to Local Universities, Jeep Hanoi Backstreets Exploration
- Day 3 (Dec. 30): Hanoi - Halong Bay Cruise – Night On Board (Joined Tour)
- Day 4 (Dec. 31): Halong Bay Further Cruise – Hai Phong – Flight to Ho Chi Minh City
- Day 5 (Jan. 1): Ho Chi Minh City – Visit to Local Universities, Cu Chi Tunnels Visit
- Day 6 (Jan. 2): Ho Chi Minh City – Mekong Delta Discovery
- Day 7 (Jan. 3): Ho Chi Minh City – Flight To Phuket – Beach Relax
- Day 8 - 9 (Jan. 4 - 5): Phuket – Beach Relax – (Optional) Phi Phi Island Tour
- Day 10 (Jan. 6): Phuket – Flight To Chiang Mai – Afternoon Sightseeing
- Day 11 (Jan.7): Chiang Mai – Doi Inthanon National Park
- Day 12 (Jan. 8): Chiang Mai – Kanta Elephant Sanctuary (Joined Tour) – Cooking Class
- Day 13 (Jan. 9): Chiang Mai - Departure