Disability Advisory Council
The University of Arizona Disability Advisory Council provides community input and support to the UA on strategic initiatives and promoting diversity and inclusion.
The role of the University of Arizona Disability Advisory Council is to support the mission and success of the University of Arizona, by strengthening the UA’s ability to serve the disability community.
We are committed to serving as a communications conduit between Southern Arizona’s disability communities and the UA. We also value and welcome your input. Please email your questions, suggestions, or comments. Contact us:
Director, Office of Multicultural Advancement
Program Coordinator Senior, Office of Multicultural Advancement
Advisory Council Members
This council is currently recruiting new members. If you are interested, contact the Office of Multicultural Advancement at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Advisory Council also focuses on a number of activities each year that yield significant results. These include:
- The Council advocated that the UA infuse principles of Universal Design into the Design Standards and Specifications Manual used by UA Facilities Management, and Planning, Design, and Construction. The Council’s recommendation was adopted. The Manual now reflects an expanded and strengthened section on University standards for accessible design, including technical specifications and guidance to designers to apply principles of Universal Design to both renovation projects and new construction plans.
- Advisory Council members encouraged UA to provide live captioning at all University sports events. Captioning is currently offered in the Arizona Stadium and McKale Center.
- Disability Resource Center
- Disability Cultural Center
- Arizona Board of Regents (ABOR) Organizational Chart
- University of Arizona Leadership Organizational Chart
- University of Arizona Office of Multicultural Advancement (OMA) Organizational Chart