Inclusive Leadership Cohort
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) is excited to reintroduce to the Inclusive Leadership Cohort, a professional development opportunity available to all faculty and staff at the University of Arizona. The program strategically centers the University’s core values of inclusion, integrity, compassion, adaptation, exploration, and determination. Leveraging the University’s resources, mentorship, and coaching, participants bolster critical leadership competencies and best practices – particularly those related to advancing diversity, inclusion, and equity – as the University builds its next generation of leaders. This program creates a pathway for emerging leaders that reflect the changing demographics of our student body.
We invite you to apply for the 2021-2022 Inclusive Leadership Cohort (ILC). This program offers an opportunity to explore and articulate strategies to grow as a leader committed to justice, diversity, and inclusion, identify opportunities for co-creating actionable next steps as inclusive leaders and expand your network across the University of Arizona. The program will provide leadership development opportunities for early- to mid-career faculty or staff member dedicated to diversity, inclusion, and equity and seeking to critically examine their leadership competencies. Faculty and staff from all backgrounds are invited to apply, and we encourage applications from underrepresented and marginalized backgrounds.
Applications will be accepted until June 30, 2021. Click here to complete the online application process, which requires a short statement of interest and resume/CV.
The ILC Fellows will commit to participation over the course of the academic year. Participants must attend all scheduled sessions in their entirety. The program requirements are to:
- Attend the orientation lunch event: Aug 2021 (date and time TBD)
- Participate in seven facilitated full-group discussions and informal gatherings with campus leaders over breakfast on the third Friday of the month (8:30-11 am)
- Complete the Project for Change capstone assignment
- Earning the certificate requires the completion of all components. The certificate is for professional development purposes only.
JOIN THE PLANNING COMMITTEE
Diversifying higher education leadership is an intentional act that promotes creative problem solving and increases retention for faculty, staff, and students. We invite you to apply to serve as a thought leader and change maker – as a member of the steering committee. Join D&I Leaders from across the campus as we engage in the process of reimaging diverse leadership. This committee works collaboratively with the ODI Leadership Team to encourage diversity, achieve equity, foster inclusion, and facilitate learning. The Committee is chaired by the Director, ODI Training Initiatives. Committee members will help shape the future of diverse leadership at the University.
- Each Committee member will be asked to serve staggered terms between one and three years. During the application process, you may select your term preference.
- The Committee meets bi-monthly for an hour plus monthly events that are 2 hours in length.
- Additional time, not to exceed three hours per month, maybe required throughout the academic year.
APPLICATION TIMELINE AND PROCESS
- The deadline to apply has passed for the 2021-22 Academic Year.
- Select applicants will be invited to meet with the Associate Provost for Diversity and Inclusion and the Director, ODI Training Initiatives.
- Final notifications will be sent out in June.
Click here to complete the online application form.
Please direct questions to Earl Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.