Inclusive Leadership Cohort Certificate
We invite you to apply for the 2020-2021 Inclusive Leadership Cohort Certificate (ILCC). This program offers an opportunity to: explore and articulate strategies to grow as a leader committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity; identify opportunities for co-creating actionable next steps as inclusive leaders; and expand your network across the University of Arizona.
If you are an early- to mid-career faculty or staff member dedicated to diversity, inclusion, and equity and want to expand your University-wide role and influence, please see below to learn more. Applications will be accepted until March 27, 2020.
The Inclusive Leadership Cohort Certificate (ILCC) program is strategically centered on the University’s core values of inclusion, integrity, compassion, adaptation, exploration, and determination. Leveraging the impact of the Future Leader Workshop Series and complementing the HSI Fellows Program, the ILCC program seeks to diversify the pipeline of emerging University leaders to include faculty and staff from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds.
The program offers mentoring, coaching, and workshops to bolster critical leadership competencies and best practices – particularly those related to advancing diversity, inclusion, and equity – as the University builds its next generation of leaders. The program will further strengthen the University’s leadership development infrastructure by enabling established leaders to mentor and collaborate with ILCC emerging leaders. Twelve aspiring leaders will work in small mentoring groups to develop a leadership vision and participate in activities across a year-long structured experience that includes a leadership assessment, interactive workshops, group sessions with UA leaders, and network-building activities.
The program will provide leadership development opportunities for early- to mid-career faculty or staff members passionate about diversity, inclusion, and equity and with an interest in growing their influence and leadership capacity. Faculty and staff from all backgrounds are invited to apply, and we encourage applications from underrepresented and marginalized backgrounds.
All faculty and staff accepted into the ILCC will commit to participation over the course of the academic year. Participants must attend all scheduled sessions in their entirety. The program requirements are to:
- Attend the orientation lunch event: Aug 19, 12:00-1:30
- Participate in seven facilitated full-group discussions and informal gatherings with campus leaders over breakfast (8:30-11:00) and occurring on: Sept 18, Oct 16, Nov 20, Jan 15, Feb 19, Mar 19, and April 23
- Attend small group mentoring sessions facilitated by a mentor at least once per month
- Participate in an individual leadership assessment
- Attend at least eight Future Leader Workshops or complete an approved alternative
- Earning the certificate requires completion of all components. The certificate is for professional development purposes only.
Click here to complete the online application process, which will require you to upload the following documents:
- PERSONAL STATEMENT (2 pages maximum)
Please prepare a statement that addresses the following questions:
- Why are you applying to participate in the Inclusive Leadership Cohort Certificate Program?
- What specific strengths, areas of expertise, experiences and/or achievements align with your goals for influence and leadership?
- How have you contributed (or will you contribute) to making the University of Arizona a more inclusive campus?
- SHORT RESUME or CV (3 pages maximum)
- LETTER(S) OF RECOMMENDATION (1-2 letters)
Primary Letter (required): Your primary letter of recommendation must come from your direct supervisor or unit head/director and speak to your:
- Leadership qualities and potential
- Potential towards advancing institutional efforts related to diversity, inclusion, and equity.
Secondary Letter (optional): If you would like to submit a letter of support from someone other than your direct supervisor who could further speak to the requested components of the letter please feel free to include a secondary letter. This letter is in addition to the letter from your supervisor.
Please direct questions to Laura Hunter at email@example.com.